Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Little By Little...

Little by little...that's what a friend of mine told me today, and she's right. I had said that I didn't get as much done in the studio, today, as I had wanted to..though, I was pleased with what I did do. It seems, so often, that I go into the studio with the intention of getting "so much" done, but only to realize, hours later, that I only actually got one track down. This comes from not only making lots of mistakes, but trying to figure out the different parts for the song I happen to be working on, on a particular day, and also from being distracted..It seems I often start coming up with new chord progressions, lyrics, and very often ..songs, when I should be recording. The question is, though, how I can I be given something that sounds so good to my ear, and cast it aside, just like that? The answer is, I can't. I lose studio time that way, but I'm always happy to have a new song to work on! So, little by little seems to cover it... it'll get done in due time. However, with each track, I am one step closer to a finished product..and with each track I am happy with what I hear being created. I don't like to rush, or settle for something that I think could be much better..though, with every song and every track, I have to, at some point say, OK, that will do. Otherwise, I might never finish! So, it's little by little...thanks for the reminder, Mich! Y'all remember, Jesus loves you, and wants to know you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment