Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Friday, February 7, 2014

Voice Lesson #29

Today we went over everything concerning festival, which is coming up this weekend. We went over my pieces, times, what to expect, what to do, etc... I think this is going to be a great experience for me, regardless of how well I do, or not. I know the nerves are going to kick in, in major fashion, so that won't be a surprise. I just hope I can sing as well there, in front of a judge , as I do at my lessons (which is not great). If I can do that, I'll be happy. But regardless, even if I completely fail, just making it through will be a huge accomplishment for me. And there is always next year, to try and do better. My teacher is a great support and I am so thankful for her. She has taught me so much that I otherwise would not have learned. Granted, I still have a very long way to go, but I have begun the journey and intend to continue on. Festival is sort of like my first big hurdle, and once I make it over this one, I can move on to the next hurdle. I am nervous, yes, but excited, too! I'm sure this doesn't seem like a big deal to most, but to me, it's huge! My husband has also been a great support to me. He's been cheering me on from the get go. I will do my best and see what happens. I am prepared for whatever criticism they give me, and I will use it to improve in the future. Thank you, Lord for this awesome opportunity, and all the terrific people you've put in my path! I am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment