Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Voice Lesson #27

This weeks lesson was great, as usual! Not that I sang well, but always great info and instruction from my teacher! My middle range, the Passaggio area, is still giving me trouble. I suppose someday I will conquer it. I struggle there, with the chest voice..it tends to want to dominate. My muscles can't seem to figure out which way to go..head or chest..they need to go with head voice! I will keep practicing and plugging away at it, and one of these days, it'll work! I also realized at this weeks lesson, that I am limiting myself...I may even be limiting myself when I'm practicing at home too, not sure. I found with this weeks practice that when I really think about support and really apply that support..wow, what a difference! Support is everything...EVERYTHING, with classical voice! I cannot emphasize that enough. We worked also on the festival pieces, which are coming along.. they are better at home, but still coming along at lessons,too. I am still struggling with "selling" the songs. The performance is key at festival. The judges want to see me perform, not think about all of the technical. As my teacher said, I am there to be the characters singing the songs, not someone trying to show what I can do, technically. I am looking forward to this, I think it'll be a good experience for me. I am off next week, so will only have two more lessons before festival. Y'all have a wonderful week and remember to thank and praise God for all that He does for you, and allows you to do! He is an awesome GOD! Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment