Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Friday, January 10, 2014

Voice Lesson #26

I'm sorry this lesson post has taken so long to get up, but I have had a bit of a stressful last few days. Anyway, my lesson was great! As usual, we went over plenty of info. We even got into acoustics, a bit. I still struggle with that Passaggio area..it's a brute! My singing is definitely improving though, I just need to get better at singing at my lessons. Mentally though, it's good for me to hear improvement. Now, festival is coming up in just a few weeks. I have been planning on going, but 2 days ago I found out that I am going to have to have surgery, soon. I don't know when yet, but I'm hoping it is after festival. I really want to get this under my belt. I think singing for a judge, no matter how badly it might come out, is going to be good for me. My teacher and I have been working on the songs that I'll be performing, and that's a key word, performing! She told me that even if they don't come out well, I still have to sell them. The judge wants to see me perform, not think about the technical. I have to get that through my head! One thing I'm nervous about is that I won't be able to sing for several weeks, at least I assume that I won't, after my surgery. Classical voice uses all the ab muscles, and more! It's very physical, so I'm pretty sure it'll be out of the question for a few weeks, anyway, so I'd love to get festival in! So, I will see y'all next week for another blog post. Keep your eyes on Jesus...He loves you!

2 comments:

  1. What songs are you singing? xx for the surgery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Sharrie,, I'll be doing, Cockeyed Optimist and As Long as He Needs Me. Hopefully, they will go ok! Thank you about the surgery!! :)

    ReplyDelete