Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Lessons #43 & #44

Well, recital is over, and now I have the Christmas Recital and Festival to work and look forward to! We have begun some new pieces, which hopefully will help me make progress. We will be beginning an Italian piece soon, too. As slow as my progress seems to be, I was listening to my second lesson, the other day, and realized that there has definitely been progress made! Going back and listening to that gave me a good perspective. This weeks lesson was very good. Well, every lesson is awesome, but having listened to this weeks lesson several times already this week, there are some things my teacher said that hit me a bit differently. That is what is so great about hearing the same things over and over..eventually, something's going to hit me! I told my teacher a long time ago, to PLEASE keep telling me everything over and over, and over again! I need to hear it all! So, today something she said hit me, as I was driving. It made an instant difference in my singing..this includes airflow, space, vowel shape, just about everything. I was very excited and look forward to more practice! We have the next couple of weeks off for vacation, but I will continue to update on my facebook page about practice. God is so good! That He allows me to do what I do, have the friends that I have, have the husband I have, and all the other cool things He has in the works...wow, I am blessed! Praise God! He surely takes care of His kids! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment