Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Friday, June 20, 2014

Voice Lesson #41 & #42

Been working toward singing at recital. It went well, for the most part. Some aspects went ok, and some didn't. All in all, though, I am very glad that I did it and will continue to take advantage of every opportunity to perform in that type of venue. It is a very different type of performing than I have ever been used to, and despite my nerves, I do enjoy it very much. Progress is slow but sure. I think a big part of my issues is that I am just not confident with the technique, so when I am singing in front of anyone, whether it's my teacher, a judge, or at recital, or anyone else, my nerves and lack of confidence get in my way and inhibit any ability that I may have to execute the technique in any sort of proper form. My teacher said, and I agree with her, that the best way to conquer that is to continue to perform in front of people at every opportunity. So, this I will do! We are going to look into doing some Italian songs, which my teacher is hoping will help me make some progress. I am looking forward to this! Well, we forge ahead, as usual, giving glory to God, all the way! Without Him we can do nothing! I thank Him for the progress I have made, for the difficulties I have, for the opportunity to study classical voice with a brilliant teacher and for the ability to sing, at all. My God is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment