Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Monday, July 8, 2013

Just A Voice Update...

Well, one more week before my teacher's vacation comes to an end and my lessons resume. I hope her time off was very restful and enjoyable, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for lessons to start up again! The good thing though, is that by next week, I will have had three weeks to practice and hopefully improve to some degree. I am still struggling with all the same issues, but maybe not to quite the extent that I was, two weeks ago. The real test will be to see what my teacher has to say. I have been practicing up a storm, as usual; the tongue, larynx and passaggio still giving me grief! I will beat them, though..they will not win out for long! :) That bothersome D4-G4 is giving me fits! But not to worry..with practice I will find that smooth transition..no problem. Ok, I had stopped writing this post, and gone to practice, just finished a few minutes ago. Wasn't too bad, tonight. I find that on the songs, if I am singing vowels only, It's not as difficult, but when I try to wrap the consonants around the vowels, THAT creates a problem..TENSION! Just more to work on. Two weeks ago I jokingly said that by the time my lessons started again, I would have two pages of notes to go over with my teacher..well, I think I can condense it to one :) No worries though...Like I always say, with a great teacher and Jesus..I can do this! Stay tuned for next weeks lesson update!

No comments:

Post a Comment