Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Monday, October 21, 2013

Voice Lesson #19

Great lesson, today..as usual! I am still not singing there, like I do at home, but I think I'm very slowly, getting better at it. I think part of it is that because I think I'm doing well at home, I don't wanna go to my lesson and do it like I do at home, and then be incorrect. So, if I do it incorrectly from the get go, I won't be disappointed. Does that make sense? It does to me. Anyway, We worked more on the "EE" and "A" vowels....They are certainly not perfect, and I have a long way to go, but today I kept thinking, man, I know I can do these so much better! But, it is what it is..I will get there, I will improve..in every respect. We worked on getting into and staying in the head voice, today, also. When there are notes in a phrase that can only be hit in the head voice, and I start that phrase in the chest voice..forget it, hitting those head voice notes is impossible! I have GOT to get into and STAY in the head voice! Also, vowel shapes are very, very important, and tongue placement. It all plays a role in getting the technique just right. If I'm in the head voice and get my placement right, but my vowel shape is off..forget it. If I have the vowel shape right, but my tongue placement is incorrect..forget it..and so on. Everything works together. We went over 3 of the songs we're working on, and started a new one, which is always fun! Having had lesson number 19, today, I can say that even though I am probably not sounding that much better at my lessons, I know I have come a long way in practice and I am going to make sure that my teacher hears it! I want her to hear what she is teaching me. Again, I will say that even though learning Classical Voice is very difficult, I love every aspect of it! Jesus never promised me a rose garden..He never said this or any aspect of life was going to be easy, but I know that with Him in the driver's seat, I can't go wrong. He has given my teacher amazing knowledge, ability, talent, and a patient and encouraging spirit...He has given me all of that by giving me my teacher..and He has given me an amazing husband to support, encourage, and love me. I am so grateful to Jesus! I am also grateful for the blessing that He took away from me, last week...our dog, Beignet. It was her time to go home. She was an amazing blessing to me for 14 years! A sweeter and gentler spirit, you will never find. I will miss my little Poopy until I see her again, in Heaven. I am comforted to know, however, that she is with Jesus and all of her sisters who have gone before her. I know they are all having a ball! I love you, Poopy..and I love you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment