Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Voice Lesson #25

Well, My lesson this week, didn't go so great, mainly because I am still trying to get past this cold..or the back end of it. And unfortunately, my teacher has it too. Neither one of us needs to be sick! I am still having some trouble with navigating the head and chest voice in the Passaggio area, so we worked on that a bit, along with some of the usual stuff. But I just wasn't able to hit some notes and my head voice was not really there this week. Oh well..it happens. We did go over my two songs for the competition/festival, in February. They should go ok, if my nerves don't get the best of me. Originally, my teacher was going to accompany me on piano, but as it turns out, that won't happen. I will be by myself in a room with an accompanist and a judge that I do not know. Yes, it's scares me a bit, but I think it will be a good experience for me. I would love for my teacher to be there..it would surely make me more comfortable, but maybe this is what I need. We'll see how it goes. Of course, I will give a full report when the time comes. Not much else to report this week. It's only a week until Christmas and I have much to do, plus of course, PRACTICE! Praise God for Jesus, our Lord and Savior being born!! I love this time of year! Merry Christmas to you..and a very Happy New year! I have two weeks off from lessons, so I'll see you soon! Enjoy your holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment