Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Voice Lesson #37

This weeks lesson was great! Lots of awesome info! I think the relationship between the soft palate, vowel shapes, muscles, and an open throat is finally making sense. It takes a tremendous amount of concentration at this point, and I can't seem to hold the soft palate continuously, but I will get it, sooner or later, and at the rate I'm going it will be later. It's going to take training those muscles, and a lot of muscle memory! The only way to get there is practice and lots of it! So, I forge ahead, as usual! My teacher was asking me which song I would want to do at the recital, so I told her. She agrees with my choice, but really would like to see me do two..the second one is undecided. We started a new one this week, and I think it may be the one, but am really not sure. I am finding that even with an open throat, the tongue is still giving me trouble, especially on AH and A. AH tends to be an easier vowel for most, but not me. I also still have a huge issue with furrowing! Concentration and worry show up on my face, all the time! Continuing on, with much dedication and determination, and a very positive attitude is still key. Practice everyday and never giving up, is also key. Without all of these things I won't get anywhere. My teacher is fantastic and continues to have so much patience with me, which I am so grateful for! One of these days I will make her proud :) I am, as always, so thankful to God for allowing me to do this, at all. He has blessed me so much! I am truly and forever grateful and faithful to Him. Thank you, Jesus for all you do for me, everyday! Without Him, I would not be doing this at all..that's the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment