Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Voice Lesson #38

Today's lesson was filled with great info. My problem is getting all that info out of my head and into my body! I feel like I am still trying to hold my breath and also I have so much tension, and can't seem to keep the correct shapes on the inside, with my palate. Very frustrating, for sure. Sometimes I wonder why I keep trying. It would be so much easier to just give up, and continue singing incorrectly, but then I remind myself that if I were to give up, at that moment I will have lost. If I continue on, I will eventually get better. I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but it's even more difficult than I expected. I will not give up, though. If I stop giving it all I've got, I will never improve. I have to remind myself that a year is not long at all in learning classical voice, especially at my age. I know I have a long way to go, and a lot of work ahead of me. I have to persevere, no matter how difficult it is, and no matter how discouraged I might get. And don't get me wrong, I am not in a constant state of discouragement, but I do have my moments, especially lately. I have to stay positive, though, and forge ahead...it's my only option. A positive attitude and practicing everyday, even when I don't feel like it, is essential. I will improve, eventually. If you want to pursue classical voice study, start NOW! The longer you wait, the more difficult it will be to learn. I do thank God for the opportunity to study, and to study under such a brilliant teacher. I am grateful for her patience with me, as well. I know I am a challenge for her. So, I guess this weeks blog is just one about feeling a bit down.. yes, I do get down, every once in a while. BUT, chin up and continue on... Thank you, Jesus, for keeping me focused on the learning and trying to improve, and mostly, on YOU..and not on the things that frustrate me. All the glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment