Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Voice Lesson #36

Hey Gang! I am getting closer and closer to it being a year since I began Classical Voice training. Yesterday's lesson was great in that, as always, my teacher had great info to share, but unfortunately, my allergies have been acting up and hindered me. We worked on all the usual suspects, but I am having particular trouble with the AH vowel, in all parts of my range. Now, at my last lesson, my teacher snuck a G at the top of the staff, into one of our exercises. When she told me, "that was a G!", I was really surprised because up until that point I couldn't get passed the F. So, yesterday we're going through a particular exercise, going higher and higher and I was thinking to myself, "I wonder if she's gonna take me to the G, again?". Well, we hit the last high note and she pauses, looks at me, and says, "that was an A flat". I said "no kidding?!!" We both laughed because it was surprising and exciting! And the really amazing thing is that it didn't seem that high! It makes me wonder how much top I have up there! Ok, so we also worked on songs, and started a new one. The songs are always more challenging that the exercises because you have conconants thrown in, to deal with. It doesn't seem as though it should make singing that much more difficult, but it does. We also have the summer recital coming up soon, so I am really trying to have something ready for that, but ready or not I WILL be performing in it. I need to, it will be good for me. Oh, how I love this journey! God is so cool, that He would allow me to do something that I love so much. Before I began, almost a year ago, I had no desire to learn classical technique, but He has truly put a passion in my heart for this. I will not give up, but forge ahead, and ahead, and ahead! I want to be the best classically trained singer I can be, for His purpose! And yeah, plus it's just darn fun...challenging, for sure, and requiring a lot of hard work and determination, but just plain fun, too! I know, I know, some of you are asking yourselves, how in the world can learning "Classical Technique" be fun?...well, it just is! Praise Jesus, He is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment