Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Voice Lesson #39

So, today's lesson...really great! I did not sing well, but we did do some exercises that helped me get my placement in a better spot, which is always a good thing! I have been doing the same exercises during practice this week, so I am happy to say that practices have been going well! We also pretty much decided that I am going to do a different song than what we thought, for recital. I am just not there with this one particular song, and I know it. As far as I know, I will be singing two pieces for recital. I am very nervous but I know I need to do this. I feel very inadequate next to these kids, but I will survive, I suppose. I also am still having great trouble with the Passaggio. That is an area that just won't give in...very stubborn. I will continue to plug away at it though, just like with every other aspect of classical technique. As I've said before, if you desire to get into this, start now! It will takes years to get good at it. I am at a year now, and have such a long way to go, yet. I love it though, I really do. Every aspect of it. I truly enjoy it. Thank you, Jesus for the opportunity to do this and for the people you've put in my life as a result of it. I am so blessed and thankful! I give you all the glory, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment