Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

If You Sing, Do It Correctly!

If you've ever read my bio on this page, you'll know that I do not consider myself a singer, though I used to. I say that because at age 45, it's very difficult for me to sing..my control is almost non existent. It's quite frustrating! This is a direct result of singing incorrectly all my life. When I was 18 I took lessons for a short period of time, but again I was 18, so who needed technique...I DID! So, Monday, I begin voice lessons with a wonderful teacher!! I have GOT to do this if I want to continue to sing, and do it well. Right now, I do not do it well..and I know it. When I was much younger I could easily get away with singing, without using proper technique..but no more. I say this to encourage ANYONE who sings, but does not do it correctly, to go take some lessons from a qualified voice teacher! You will not regret it!! If you do not learn correct technique, someday you will surely regret that!

No comments:

Post a Comment