Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Voice Lesson #1

My first lesson was great! Well, not great as far as my singing, but great in that my teacher is awesome and I am sure I am going to learn a lot as time goes on! I was nervous but we got along great from the get go, so it made it easier for me. She took me through some vocal scales (exercises) to determine my current range, and also started to teach me about proper breathing..along with more vocal exercises. I realize that even after signing in bands and studios, and in front of audiences, most of my life, at age 45 I am a total rookie when it comes singing correctly! I am ready for this journey, though, and excited to learn to sing properly. I want to access the full potential of my voice! I want to be the best singer I can be, for my music, and most importantly, for Jesus! He gave me a voice but I am responsible for taking care of it and for too long, I have not. Now is the time! Stay tuned for next week's voice lesson post!

2 comments:

  1. Love you bupkie, I know you are going to do wonderful and God will bless you with new skills that will make your GREAT music even better... but most of all, I'm glad you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete