Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Voice Lesson # 2

Voice lesson #2 was great! My teacher is awesome and I am loving learning how to sing correctly! I feel like a sponge, just soaking it all up! If I could go every day, I would! I am working on breathing and learned about some new muscles to use. She is also teaching me about chest voice vs head voice, and what makes them different from each other. She got me two notes higher this week than I could go last week..awesome! She knows what she's doing! I have started recording the lessons, so I can go back and listen and remember everything. It's great! I listened to the whole thing today, in the gym..it's a great tool, to have that recording! I have much to work on, and incorporating everything is a challenge, but I am working hard to do it. One great thing is that she has me practicing in a mirror so I can watch for certain things. The key, I believe, is doing exactly what she tells me to do, and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE! I know Jesus wants me doing this, so He will help me. He is awesome, and I am thankful for the opportunity and desire to learn to sing with proper technique, and for a super teacher.

2 comments: