Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Monday, September 9, 2013

Voice Lesson #14

Hey there, y'all! Today was lesson #14 and it was good! I didn't sing well, but we talked about a lot of things I had questions about, we went over some good exercises and trouble spots...it was a really good lesson! One of the questions I had was, should every vowel have a forward placement? Apparently, my question was a good one! No, every vowel will not have forward placement, at least not as forward as some. It has to do with the tongue placement on each vowel..every vowel is not the same. And of everything we went over today, there was nothing that I was not aware of, that I am doing wrong. I told my teacher.."I'm with ya on everything!". I can feel what is wrong. Sometimes everything comes together, for a few notes and then I will lose it. Consistency is something that I am still working on, and will be for a long time! We will begin working on some exercises for agility next week maybe, which will help with breath control...and control, period. That is something I have much to work on with, breath control AND support! Sometimes, when practicing, my support is good, other times it's terrible...again, consistency. As always, practice is key...correct practice. Like my teacher always says, if you practice anything incorrectly, all the time, you will never learn to do it correctly..no matter how much you practice. So, as usual, I have a ton to work on, and I am excited about it! I always look forward to a new week of practice..and then a new lesson. I am truly enjoying this journey. God has blessed me so much with being able to do this. It's something that even a year ago, I wouldn't have thought I would be doing, but when God puts something on your heart, it's for a reason and He will give you a desire to it. He sure has done that for me, with Classical Voice. I can honestly say that I love it..everything about it. From my lessons, to my practice sessions, to doing well during practice and then doing terrible in front of my teacher. I know it sounds crazy, but I love it all! And one of the very cool things is that my teacher makes you feel comfortable with messing up and sounding bad. She's got an amazing gift for teaching..not to mention her incredible voice! My husband and I talk all the time about how God will give us things to do that He knows we love doing...and He will always make them work out perfectly! Psalm 37:4..."Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart." This is so very true! Praise Jesus! God is so good, 24/7!! UPDATE.. I was listening to my lesson this morning, and though I already knew it was full of great stuff, I realized after listening that it is CHOCK FULL of awesome info!! My lessons are ALWAYS great, but this one was especially great! Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment