Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Voice Lesson #34

I figured out, last week, that I lose space and height when I am singing. I mentioned it to my teacher, so now we are working on my muscle memory. I really think this is a big problem, of many, for me. I have to get those muscles trained so I can consistently keep the right amount of space available for the sound to flow through. When I lose space, the sound drops to chest and gets caught in my throat. Not good! Also, still working on the Passaggio area..always a difficult zone, for me. I do really like the songs we're working and think that at some point they will sound good. They are definitely a challenge, though, which is good. We have the summer recital coming up and I will either be participating in that or singing with my teacher for the old folks, at a home, which would be fun! I am working to sound decent for one of these events. Singing in public is something that I need to do as much as possible, even though it makes me a nervous wreck! The more I do it, the better...and every opportunity gives me a goal to work towards. I WILL get good at this.. it does, and will continue to take time and work, but I sure do love it! Thank you, Lord, for such an amazing opportunity! I am so blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment