Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Voice Lesson #33

This weeks lesson was chock full of great info, which is certainly not unusual. I was singing terribly, though! Trouble with the Passaggio area was not helping and my chest voice is a ham..it always wants the attention and has to try and dominate all the time. Well no more, chest voice...you're outta here! At least, that's my goal :) I was thinking today, that I need to pretend that my chest voice doesn't even exist, because how can I continually pull it up, if it's not there, right? I really have to concentrate on space, height, and head voice! Not that I don't think about this all the time, anyway, but more, more, more! I have Festival in a little under a year and the summer recital, which I think I might do. It's yet another goal for me to work towards and another opportunity to sing in front of a group. It scares me to death to think about it, but that's just another reason to do it. How singing in front of a group of parents and kids makes me more nervous than singing in front of a Festival judge, who is an expert classical singer, and critiquing everything I do, is beyond me...but it does. I believe though, every opportunity is a part of progressing and improving, potentially. I need to take each one, whether I feel comfortable or not, and whether I am afraid or not. I do feel a little weird though, about singing for a group of parents who are there to hear their child perform. I am sure I would be the only adult performance, but this will be good for me. We have 5 new songs to work on and have started 3 of them..I am sure one of them will be for the recital, but so far , they are all a challenge. I suppose though, that if they were not challenging, what would the point be?..I am learning. :) Thank you, Jesus, again, for being so awesome and allowing me to be involved in classical voice. I don't know what your plan is, but I am loving every moment of it, even when I have very bad singing days. Failing will always be a part of improving. Today's practice was much better than it has been in a week, so that is good! It's all a blessing! And I thank again, my teacher and my husband for being so patient and encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment