Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Voice Lesson #35

Finally!! I feel like I am making some progress! I figured out, last week, that my tongue was causing me to lose space and height when I would sing. It's as if my tongue causes the sound to cut off. My teacher and I have been talking about this for a couple of weeks, I guess, and I mentioned at this weeks lesson that I do think it's the tongue. She was in full agreement, but I know she knew that already. It was good for me, though, to realize it. We worked on the Passaggio and the top, and the tongue, this week. I feel like it was a great lesson, not only because my teacher had great info, as always, but she said she is hearing some good things...and also, I hit a G! Now, the highest I've been able to hit is an F, but she snuck this G in on me and I didn't even realize it! It really motivated me! The work on the tongue was really good, too...very encouraging. So not only did I have a super lesson, but the past two practice sessions, since my lesson have been great! I can really hear some improvement. Very exciting for me, and I know my teacher is happy about it, too! I am just really feeling so motivated, right now. Of the five new songs, we have been focusing on two, and one of them, I feel like is really coming along..the other is more difficult and I'm not hearing as much improvement but that's ok..there is improvement, overall, and that is awesome! Also, I am finding that I am slowly getting past my issue of not being able to sing at my lessons, like I know I can. Praise God, thank you, Jesus!! I love this journey! Oh, and there won't be a lesson blog for next week because we're off for Easter, but I may comment on my practices. Stay tuned! And speaking of Easter, please remember that Jesus died and rose for YOU! He loves you and wants a relationship with you....so, what are you waiting for? He makes all things new! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment