Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Monday, June 10, 2013

Voice Lesson #4

Well, today I had voice lesson #4. There was a lot of great info in this lesson, but unfortunately, I DELETED IT!!!!! I will be kicking myself ALL week for this! For anyone who says, "why on earth would you delete your lesson?"..I didn't do it on purpose..it was a complete and horrible accident! Some of you may be thinking, "what's the big deal?..it's just a lesson". Well, no, it's not "just" a lesson. It's what could make the difference between progress this week or not. It's a very big deal. Now, everything that was said and shown to me; every bit of direction and instruction, and every sound I made, every question I asked and answer I got, is gone! Oh, I feel sick! But, there is nothing that can be done about it. I will simply do what I can remember and work on the same things from last weeks lesson, which yes, I still have. Anyway, the lesson itself was great, except that I still sound hideous. However, my teacher said she could hear progress, which is good, no matter how small it might be. I am still struggling with Larynx placement, breathing, vowels, head alignment, chest/head voice break, and the list goes on..so, everything, I guess. Plus, today we started working on the tongue. A very stubborn muscle! Learning classical voice is extremely difficult. My teacher told me today about someone she knows who thinks classical singers make way to much out it, that it isn't difficult at all. Well, that made me laugh because being one who is starting at the bottom of the singers latter, I know first hand that is it no easy task to learn this stuff. Well trained, classical singers, like my teacher, just make it look and sound so easy. I wish it WAS that easy! However, for me, these are not only lessons in singing and correct technique, but it's lessons in discipline, endurance, determination, humbleness, trust, steadfastness, and being a good student..it's learning that no matter how hard it is or gets, there's no giving up! Like I've said in previous posts, I am in this for the long haul! With God and my teacher, I can't help but get it! But man, I wish I had my lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment