Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Monday, June 24, 2013

Voice Lesson #6

So, lesson #6 was today, and I am sooooooooooooo frustrated with myself!! My teacher is great..it's just all me! Again, I am having issues with head alignment, shape of the mouth with vowels, and of course my arch enemy...THROAT TENSION!!! I can't seem to shake it! She told me today that because I've had so much singing experience, for so long, using my chest voice only, that I have to be patient. I know this is true and I will continue to be patient, focused, and determined... I will NOT give up! My tongue is also giving me fits. We are working on all of these aspects and sooner or later, I will get there. There have been some small improvements, but it's taking time. I suppose it would be worse if I wasn't making any progress at all, but that is not the case..it's very slow going, however. Phlegm is not helping either..it is not my friend! My teacher told me today that though I am getting into my head voice easier than I was, I am still not comfortable with it, which is true. It will take more time. I understand what she tells me, I hear what it should sound like and understand how I should get to "that" sound, but my body won't let me do it, just yet. But oh, trust me, I WILL win! I will not be defeated by bad singing habits! Proper technique will win out, for sure! I will continue to practice and work on everything she tells me to do..I trust her completely. I know that I am in good hands :) Like I always say, with a great teacher and Jesus, I WILL do this! And for anyone who may be wondering, I practice over 6 hours a week. My practice sessions go anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half, six days a week (lately an hour and a half). I do not practice the day of my lesson, but I do listen to it afterwards. Also, no posts about lessons for the next two weeks, while my teacher takes some much deserved time off! :) I may post about practice sessions, though..we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment