Songs of Joy - My Journey In Classical Voice

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Voice Lesson #11

So, today was voice lesson #11! Despite a somewhat frustrating beginning to my week of practice, I had a decent lesson..I'd actually say, it was good! Though I didn't do anything perfectly, or even as good as I know I can, the good news is that I KNOW I can do it! It might not be prefect but I am getting there! The Passaggio area still taunts me, but I will beat it, in time. I suppose what is good, is that I can see more clearly what my teacher is looking for in my singing. I may not always be able to do it, and in some cases I haven't done it yet, but I'm more clear on what she wants. This is a good thing! My brain is sort of making sense of things. Today, we were going over some different exercises and songs, and on a few spots, we went over them several times. At one point I said, I KNOW I can do this...as soon as I get home it will work! She totally understood that. I said that I think I sabotage myself to some degree, because when I'm at my lessons I can never seem to do anything as well as I can when I'm at home. She said everyone is like that, including her! She said that all of her students, when they come to lessons, their "ability" drops a level, then add an audience at a recital and it drops two levels. Makes sense to me, though I am working on getting past that, for myself. I want to do everything as well there, as I do it at home. I do think I'm making progress..actually I know I am, though it's still a slow process. I think, however, once everything clicks, look out! hehe! I'm looking forward to practice this week..I'm hoping it'll be good! We also put a couple of the songs we're working on, away till next time. My teacher says that sometimes if you put them away for a bit, they will be easier when you come back...things have a chance to click. So , we'll see what this weeks practice and next weeks lesson holds! Thank you Jesus for a great lesson, an outstanding and talented teacher, and the most amazing husband..you have blessed me so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment